Who is QCPCA?
QCPCA trades as P&Cs Qld and School Councils Qld. P&Cs Qld is the peak parent body which represents the interests of state school parents and citizens associations throughout Queensland. It has a history of nearly 70 years and a membership of approximately 1250 P&C associations.
Our mission is to:
- Advocate strategically and consistently at all levels of decision making, on behalf of parents and affiliated parent organisations (P&Cs and School Councils)
- Support P&C Associations and School Councils through the provision of state-of-the-art services, policy advice and professional development.
The vision is that QCPCA is:
- a genuine partner in the decision-making in relation to public education in this state
- the pre-eminent representative parent and community group in this state, indispensable because of its worth
- the benchmark for all parent and community organisations, nationally and internationally.
P&Cs Qld’s aims and objectives are:
- to represent and support the activities of P&C Associations
- to foster the activities of P&C Associations in the interest of their students
- to be involved in all areas of education affecting the parent, the school and the community
- to communicate regularly and formally with the Department of Education and Training and other bodies having objectives similar to those of the Company
- to promote closer co-operation between principals, teachers, students and parents
- to be non-sectarian and non-party political.
P&Cs Qld is:
- a Company Limited by Guarantee with a nine-person Board, governed by a constitution
- a service organisation to its members in all areas relevant to their operation
- an advocacy group to governments, political parties and the wider community
- a networked company with volunteer Area teams in eight geographic zones throughout Queensland
- serviced by a State Office based in Brisbane.
- immediate informed advice and support via a permanently staffed telephone hotline and email service
- a comprehensive and informative website where P&Cs can also store and share their key documents and information
- a quarterly magazine, Parent Talk, which presents information of interest to P&C associations, schools and parents
- a monthly email newsletter, P&C-e, which provides timely updates on current issues
- research and reports
- statewide events and workshops
- Area conferences, seminars, workshops, networking and skilling
- training resources, kits, webinars
- a range of communication channels including Facebook and Twitter
- analysis of federal and state education initiatives
- representation at regional, state and federal levels
- the opportunity to provide feedback to Area, state and federal organisations through the peak parent body in Queensland and our national partner, ACSSO.